Search This Blog

Thursday 15 December 2016

Life Heads Towards Normality.

On the way anyway! 

Mr Cyrano Fitty Kitty has to sit on Daddy's lap a night instead of mine, so he isn't entirely enthused about that.  That's not to say that he doesn't sit on daddy at other times, but he is a kitty of habit and evenings are for mama's lap.


I've had plenty of crochet time, so am moving along nice and quickly on joining up the daisy afghan.  I took it outside so you can actually see the proper colours for once.  Bright, I know!  I'm kind of glad about that, since all the green alone was a little too cool.  I hope my recipient likes yellow as well as green!


Note clever addition of shadow.  Looks like I am sticking my fingers in my ears and doing the waggle at someone!

It is barkfall time for the eastern states gumtrees again.  I'm sure it hasn't been a year!  I wonder if they do it twice a year? Mum's big Lemon-scented Gum is at it again.  I thought this combo of old and new bark with the same wrinkles was very nice.


And while I was getting that shot, Andrew was taking this pic of me. He found my choice of fashion to be daring but attractively piratey.


Well maybe not, but it amused him mightily.  What can I say, I was still wearing the compression sock things they give you to avoid blood clots when you are resting post op, and I'd tucked my tracky pants into the tops to stop prickles getting into the dragging cuffs  as we had a gentle stroll.  Anyone would do the same, right?  Arrrrr!    :D

This was the sky yesterday evening.  It soared and glowed. Truly, how could we not think we are surrounded by miracles of nature every day?


Makes me think of this comment by David Sklar in The Mythic Cafe on Facebook:

"Y'know, people say science doesn't care if you believe in it or not. But that's what I like about magic. Magic cares." 
 
    
   

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to know that you are feeling better and better each day, Inspiratrix. :)

    The colours of the afghan are beautiful! That yellow is very cheerful.

    Pirate Tina would be an excellent character to picture in a novel filled with magic + art + songs. I think Freya would want to be her bestfriend. :)

    That quote/comment is inspiring. And true! Magic cares. Ah... I love the feeling that comes with this realization.

    Have a blissful weekend, dear sister!

    Much love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ba! Did you know that I modelled Ol'dbat from the second Freya book on myself as an imagined old lady? My spirit horse, Parana, said he would only be in a story if he still got to be my horse, so I made him the horse of me if I'd lived in a different universe and had got to be a wizard. :D

      Delete

I would love to read your comment, so please do!