Search This Blog

Sunday 13 August 2017

And the Winner is...

Dancing Donkey!  Andrew just picked your name out of the hat! 

I've been following the Dancing Donkey blog for years so was very happy when that name came out first.  Congratulations!  You can go back to the site now and read the book pages with the intent of picking your prize of any one of my eleven print books!

I've been re-reading, Chicken Soup for Satan, ready to write the sequel, and giggling away, wondering how I even come up with this stuff.  It's very true that when you begin to write in flow, what comes through you is far more than you can ever come up with yourself.    

What other news is there?  Ohh, I have such an exciting idea but I'm not ready to share it just yet!  Soon...

In the meantime, life goes on as normal, if you count normal as everyone growing webbed feet like ducks.  We've had so much rain, so very much.

The dogs and I went down to see Jane Brook the other evening.  It was just a little bit full.
 


I know this sort of dark, peely-barked place is not really associated with Australia, but there it is, evidence that we do have some areas like that!

What do you think?  Fairy home?  I can just see them tripping lightly across that tree trunk and popping down into their hole there.


Pippa and her friend Fergus. How gorgeous is this little dog?  Isn't our family lucky to have her?  Win! 



Andyroo is feeling pretty lucky right now.  On Friday, we bought him a Jimny to replace the motorbikes he used to ride everywhere but no longer feels the same way about.



As long as I've known him, he's got on his bikes, rain or shine, but maybe age (or good sense) is catching up with him because now he just doesn't want to do it any more. Instead he wanted one of these...

  
The Jimny should be heaps of fun to drive around in, and they have very good 4 x 4 capability too, so the tracks around here beckon, and he can cover it in aerials as well.  :D  Life changes.  Old love affair out, new love affair begins!

Now if we can just come up with a name for it that isn't Timmmyyyy the Jimnyyyyyy!   Too late, I suspect.  It is very dangerous to joke around too much when naming things.      

 

         

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comment, so please do!