Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2016

A Damh the Bard Song as Played on Anglo-Saxon Lyre

Well, it's taken me a while to get around to videoing this one!  All the extra practice time hasn't stopped me making the traditional few little mistakes, but hopefully they aren't too distracting.

Not sure what I was doing here... seeking for the right mental state to make it right through the song without stuffing up, probably!

  
 Ah well, I do love playing this great song and usually get right through it, but add a video camera and my fingers turn to sausages.  With that in mind, please enjoy... The Cauldron Born," by Damh the Bard, adapted for Lyre by yours truly.



This is Damh doing the same song live.


To hear and buy more of his fab music, go here.

And to read my blog post on my favorites of his songs, go here.

Thanks for all the great songs, Damh, now if you could just send me a bit of that marvelous skill at Bardistry, I'd be very happy!  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ..just beautiful ..Love the sound of the lyre..been thinking I'd like to learn to play a musical instrument..and your beautiful voice too.. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Sherrie! My voice is ok these days, not as good since the lyme trashed my throat, but good enough to not make myself get bad goosebumps when I sing, and I still do love to sing. :)

      What instrument floats your boat when you listen to it? Learn that one! The lyre is a bit tricky because it is so old/newly-rediscovered that there isn't really much music around for it. A more common one would be better so you can find heaps of music and lessons for it easily. If you love to sing, pick something that is good for accompaniment like a good old guitar or Ukulele!

      Delete

I would love to read your comment, so please do!