Search This Blog

Sunday 13 March 2016

From An Old Sketchbook

Ten years ago, I was carrying this small visual journal about with me, and scribbling in it as I went as a form of diary in both words and images.

I found it again the other day and thought some of the little drawings and stories were so charming and in some cases funny, and I thought you might like to see them too.












Sometimes when you are actually journalling, you think everything you have to say is so banal, but looking back after ten years, it is so lovely to have these little records of daily events and amusements.  The only thing I did learn long ago was not to only pick up your journal on the down days, or you get depressed just rereading it.  Make sure you record the happy things, large and small, too!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comment, so please do!