Search This Blog

Friday 27 October 2017

Tree Tapping and Cat Napping


Well, not really tree tapping, but it looks a bit like it.  The nice fellas from Dieback Treatment Services were back to treat our Jarrah, Persoonia and Banksia trees for that evil fungus, Dieback.  I think it was the fifth time they have come out, and they come every three years, so you can see we've been at it for a while.  We did lose one big Jarrah two summers ago, and we've lost a couple of Persoonias too, which was more likely related to the shrinking water table, but otherwise so far the trees seem to appreciate a bit of help to beat down the fungus, which can not be cured but can be held back.


For one day, nearly every tree on the place suddenly sprouts with strange white and pink protuberances, as the injectors do their work of pushing the antifungal into the cambium layer of the trees.

It's always nice to chat to Glenn and his guys.  They are as passionate about trees as I am!

I hit the 40 000 word mark in my latest book this week. I've been writing in some interesting places. 




But, apparently I'm boring.

"Yes, you bloody are!"

        
"Might as well go back to the bed!  At least that's snuggly."


It's not easy being the feline owner of a pet author!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comment, so please do!