Search This Blog

Sunday 30 July 2017

Stormy Day

It's a bit of a stormy day today, in two ways actually.  AGM for our brigade tonight.  Phew, hope it goes more smoothly than the weather!

In the meantime, it's too late to make the bed now, someone has found it and settled in.



I don't mind an inside day, especially with a bit of a busy night to come, but we did do our dogwalk this morning, and I managed to get on my pink boots and go and cut up a few more bits of lucerne trees just before the storm arrived.


Of course as a druid I don't like to cut down trees, but if we were to let all the lucerne trees that self-seed go, they'd cover the place and they are a fire hazard once they get older.

My littlest sis, PJ, received her beanie in the mail all the way over in Queensland.  Hopefully she'll get some wear out of it before their hot weather returns.  She's so pretty!   



I had a nice outdoor weekend.  Saturday, I popped over the give Harley a walky around his property while his dad was off at a course.  He's a happy boy, but very dignified too.


The creek was looking lovely!


Not sure what mama wood-duck thought she was doing, but when she saw Harley she dived and then came up hiding under the weeds there in an, "I can't see you so you can't see me," pose.
 
Presumably she has a nest nearby and was being a distraction, but good boy Harley ignored her and her theoretical nest totally.

I'm a good boy, I am. 

On Sunday the local druids got together at the big oak tree to celebrate Imbolc.  We took turns reading some poetry about the season and the goddess Brigid, and I sang a song with my guitar.  That was a bit scary but it's good to challenge myself.



 The tree looked beautiful with most leaves gone.  You could see its amazing framework.



This one actually shows its scale. It is hard to capture how big it really is.

 

 We're so lucky to have it nearby!

This afternoon, youngest Niecey and I are watching Young Ones episodes and drawing at the same time.  I love corrupting my nieces!  :D     



1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized
    it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely happpy I found
    it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comment, so please do!